In 2006, the Autism Tree Project Foundation founded the FREE Early Intervention Preschool Screening Program to provide free screenings for language and developmental delays to children in local preschools throughout California by a Speech-Language Pathologist. Early Intervention is key to the successful treatment of children on the autism spectrum. The screenings effectively identify early signs of autism spectrum disorders in children, giving parents the chance to establish a diagnosis and treatment plan at a critical time in their child's life. These screenings have been a lifeline in providing children and families the resources they need to be kindergarten ready. Autism Tree Project Foundation screens more than 2,000 preschool children per year, at no charge to families or schools. More than 20,600 preschoolers screened to date.
Want us to visit you?
Are you a part of a private school, home schooling group, MOPS group, or preschool? To schedule a class or request an in-service for your organization, please contact us! We are happy to come to you to provide your organization with a variety of short and longer workshops on a variety of speech and language topics! The cost of this invaluable training is $500 for a group of any size.
- Speech and Language Development:What is typical? How do I know if my child needs a referral for speech therapy?
- Stuttering: What are the characteristics of stuttering? How do I know if my child needs to be seen by a speech pathologist?
- Let’s Get Social: Social Skills and Social Language: Identifying Social Language Deficits and Facilitating Social Language Skills in the classroom
- Speech and Language in the classroom setting: How can I facilitate language during group activities for my students who have delays?
- OTHER? What speech and language topics do you want to learn about?